Thursday, January 28, 2010

Be Prepared

I am going to give you a sneak peek at an adventure that is just around the corner. In preparation for this trip I have been trying get some exercise on a regular basis so that I do not get half way through the journey and start asking my cohorts to carry me. The trip could be a great experience in the mountains or a death march to insanity. We have a solid crew lined up and I really can't wait to get started. So now that I have built it up are you ready to hear what it is.

We are traversing the Ruby Mountain range of Nevada. Oooooh, Ahhhhh! Alright, for those of you that have no idea what I am talking about here are the details of the trip.

The Rubies are known as the Nevada Swiss Alps.

Distance- 35-50 miles (depending on the side trips we take)
Elevation 6500 ft. - 11000 ft. With lots of ups and down between.
4 days to do it with everything we need on our backs!

Wish us luck as we prepare and keep checking to see the trip report on this epic journey. If any of you have any valuable info that will help make this trip epic, please fill us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment